Cheapest Codesys PLC

I have several Beckhoff CX at home which I bought on ebay fairly cheap ($200 to $400?), since I was using it a lot at work. One is a CX2100, their top DIN-rail processor at the time. At least one has the NC license, which should support hopes to turn my milling machine into a servo-drive CNC. I have a lot of time since my company abandoned my city and laid most off, including me, once I finish home projects backlog, then looking at consulting since all interviews have gone nowhere (over-qualified and/or age discrimination). As mentioned, you can get into Beckhoff (CodeSys based) for free, and using their hardware emulator is no different than real hardware, unless you want to see lamps flash and things move.

I think what they mean is that they are cheap and don't want to pay for experience and talent. At least that is what I always tell myself when I hear that line.