Analog input Card protector

plcsoftvsd

Hi Gurus,

I am using few analog inputs ( 0-10vdc) for my PLC in a new project.

I am concerned about protecting these inputs from transmitting stray voltages,leakage, or any surges, which would damage the analog input cards.

Are there any isolators available which can be put between the field transmitters and the analog input card and would take the surge saving the analog input card.

If yes which make would you suggest..

Thanks

plcsoftvsd

We just use a dedicated power supply for the 10V analog, and properly grounded and shielded cabling. We've never had issues with our cards.

Similar Topics

Omron AD081-V1 Analog Input Card Offset & Gain Adjustment Entering Adjustment Mode 1. Set the input card in adjustment mode (Turn ON Dip SW No-1)...
Replies
Views
Good Morning , I have a RTD , that I would like to wire into a 1756-IF8 Analog Input Card. Would you all a simple wiring diagram , of what...
Replies
Views
Hello All, I am setting up a new RX3I test Rack with random I/O cards and a ( Horner ) HE693ADC420 analog input card. I do have a running system...
Replies
Views
Is it possible to wire a J type Thermocouple directly to a Allan Bradley Analog input card, specifically a 1769-IF4 card, and scale the reading to...
Replies
Views
Hello all. Is it possible to run an RTD to an Compactlogix Analog input module, without any sort of a signal conditioner or anything like that? Thanks
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom