Kepserver and RS Emulate 5000

SNK

I am using KepserverEX version 5, and plan to use this OPC Server for data collection/Scada use, but have not been able to make the two software sytsems work together so far.

I have searched the Kepserver site, and the Rockwell site, with no specific answers......(Oh yeah, and this site)

RSEmulate 5K seems to function fine, I can download, monitor etc in Program mode and Run mode flawlessly. I see dynamic data....
The problem arises when I attempt to setup the new device in Kepserver.

This is the process I have gone through in order to setup the communication interface with Kepserver..

1. After selecting a New Device, I add a Contrologix 5500, which seems to be the only logical choice for my application. (there is no Virtual Backplane Emulator listed)
  2. I enter in my local PC IP address (192.168.1.10,1,2)
  3. ,1,2(Slot of processor is 2 based on RsEmulate and RSL5K project settings)
  4. The tags at this point should auto-generate (based on the Kepserver documentation).....but nothing seems to happen.
Can anyone verify if Kepserver works with RSEmulate5K?

Have you contacted Kepware directly?

There tech support is very good and helpful.

If you have recently purchased your KepserverEX, you have 90 days of tech support. If you have purchased the extended license, you have 1 year.

Hope this helps.

God Bless,

RSEmulate 5000 strives to be very similar to a hardware controller, so it uses the Virtual Backplane and software "Modules" to connect to RSLinx Classic, RSLinx Enterprise, and the I/O simulator.

If it was going to connect over Ethernet to a remote computer, it would need an EtherNet/IP module. You can create those in the Virtual Backplane with SoftLogix 5000, but not with RSEmulate 5000.

You might still be able to get Kepware to access RSEmulate 500 by bridging through RSLinx Classic Gateway or RSLinx Enterprise, but that's outside my experience (and ability to set up right now).

Yes, I Connect kepware with RSemulator5000 and also RSemulator 500, but not with ethernet cable I used a virtual connection.

Regards