FAULT as an instruction in any plc?

svk

Hello members i have a question which was asked in an interview.

"tell me about fault as an instruction in plc."

My answer = In allen bradley plc we have Fault Routine to check and rectify the fault or error, in case of siemens plc we have diagnostic buffer to check hardware error.
but friends seriously i have no idea about fault instruction in plc. so i asked my friend , he said there is such instruction in ge fanuc plc, so when i google it .i did not find any proper information.
so friends could you pls help me out. thank you in advance.

In Schneider PLC there is a .fault bit in analogs. This is triggered when the card/channel has an error. Can be used to initiate error routines.

Don't know about the other PLC's.
My guess is that for Siemens it's the Fault OB's.

"fault as an instruction in plc" does not make sense.
One can guess what is meant by such a question, but one shouldn't have to guess.
I would have asked to have the question defined more clearly.

Maybe it was a test, to see how you react to lunacy.
If you are at a customer meeting and they ask for something absolutely stupid, how do you react?

I'm being diplomatic, personally I think it was just an idiot with a fancy job title.

Never attribute to malice that which can be more easily explained as stupidity.

I believe there are instructions in some plcs (eg Schneider) that allow you to add entries to the diagnostic buffer. Not sure if this is what was meant

PLCs in general have fault signals from analogue, comms, remote I/O cards and there are also fault conditions available in the processor. Some PLCs even have faults that can be specified by the user.
Sounds a bit suss to me.

The DirectLogic line from AutomationDirect does contain an instruction named FAULT. It can be used to display specific messages on their proprietary displays.

thank u all for sharing ur views.
@bernie_carlton , thank you very much sir for providing me exact solution.