Automation Direct PID

swayne76

Having some trouble tuning a PID loop in Do-more designer. I am using an H2-DM1E with a F2-THM module. Has anyone had any luck tuning a heat loop with this software? I am getting quite a bit of overshoot.

Thanks

Assuming your Thermocouple module is F2-04THM.
Check memory allocations to make sure you left enough room for variables.
Start with "P" only. What is "P" now?
Repeat cutting it in half and try again until you eliminate overshoot.

P is set at 5. I and d are at zero. I have noticed as I approach setpoint the loop doesnt pull back the output. I manually lower the "bias" and the loop begins to pull back and stabilize. Any insight on how the "bias" works. The manual doesnt go into much detail.