Wire..... any electrical suppliers out there?

geniusintraining

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
Hello Everyone,

Looking for a special wire that I can not find anywhere, has anyone seen this or know where I can get it?

Looks like a 18 or 20 gauge, it will be less then one amp and 24VDC its a two conductor wire both are covered with a clear PVC, looks almost like a single conductor with a shield but using the shield as a conductor

Thanks for looking!

20181116_082338.jpg

git, is that a cable with 2 wires individually screened, or a cable with a single screened wire ?

The Belden 8760 has common screen for 2 wires so it is neither of the above.

Sometimes single wire with screen is called "RG coaxial" and is for transmitting high frequency signals.

JesperMP said:
is that a cable with 2 wires individually screened, or a cable with a single screened wire ?

Cable with a single screened wire

Its one wire thats coated with clear PVC then that wire is screened (shielded) by the outer wire and that is also coated with the clear PVC, so like I said... its like a single conductor with a shield :confused:

I have never came across it before and now I need a few hundred feet, one of the issues is it need to be the same diameter

I checked the 8760 and that was not the one but thanks for the suggestion

Thanks Bob, that looks like it (or close) but now I need to find it in clear... I will call them later to see if they can get it, the customer wants clear like the picture and I told them "oh yeah thats not a problem" ;)

Never thought finding a wire would be a issue

I searched Helukabel (the biggest supplier I know) for a coaxial cable with clear mantle and clear inner separator. No such luck.

Thank you! I sent a email to Alpha Wire and I will see if they can come up with anything