Citect OPC DA Server Connection Problem

MaxMax

Hi guys, I'm pretty new to PLC. I've encountered a problem of trying to have Win911 alarming system connect to the Citect 2018 OPC DA Server and is unsuccessful. I'm wondering what are the things I can try to fix it.

Background Info: I'm have migrated Citect 7.20 (About to be legacy vesrion) into the newest Citect 2018. The migration went smoothly except for setting up the OPC. I've linked up Win911 and used the Matrikon OPC to see the SchneiderElectric.SCADA.OpcDaServer.1 and it automatically scans and sees it. The problem is that it can't be connected due to configuration error. The runtime manager for Citect also shows that the OPC DA Server is running. Win911 side is simply choosing the PC name and pointing it to the "SchneiderElectric.SCADA.OpcDaServer.1" Just not sure what other things I can do to have it set up.

I did have it working and then I enabled IIS and installed Mobile911 Server, rebooted and it failed to connect.

Any help is appreciated, thank you!

do you Have WIN911 support ? seems your scada side is ok and its an OPC DA comms issue. i don't recall having to use matrikon OPC but then again its been about 3 years.

if you do have WIN911 support, they are excellent to help here. i have used them many times to assist on my Citect SCADA 2015 and WIN911 issues. once configured it will "Just Work"

Also what win 911 version do you have? if its older that 18 months i suggest back it up and upgrade. there has been significant changes to WIN 911 since July 2017 i have found, a new release happens approx every 3 months.

i just has a thought, whenever you shutdown your scada and restart it again into run time you will need to restart the WIN911 services (from task manager or you can write a simple script to do this and run it from your SCADA like i did), this will re-establish OPC WIN911 comms to your scada.