How to get IP address of PLC without using its propritary software?

ashu2shreya

Hi friends!
I have ABB PLC, 200 CPU 50 and it's respective software and OS has corrupted.The software used for this PLC was very old and it was supported only windows 2000. Now I want to get IP address of this PLC.Please give me suggestions.......

Can I get IP through MODSCAN using serial port????

You need to find an old copy of windows 2000 and run it in a Virtual Machine. VirtualBox is free and will do the job. You can then install the software and pass the serial port through to the PLC if you need to connect.

If you have a copy of the program you can then open the program and get the configuration for everything. I'm thinking that may be your fastest and easiest route.

If you know some other devices on the network, then you may already have subnet info. In that case a tool like AngryIP could allow you to discover the PLC's IP address. I have used it a few times for situations like this.

I agree with Helliana. Try to isolate the devices and reboot the PLC while Wireshark is already running. Most times devices issue a gratuitous ARP during boot to let other devices update their ARP table.

Thank you Helliana!

I tried wireshark(just to know whether it is working or not) on another PLC whose IP address is known. It shows particular IP for single time only if I go for another scan PLC IP not visible.Why this happening?Can anyone tell me?
I just done these steps:
1: Connect etherenet
2:Select network
3:Start scan