Rsnetworx Problem

The 1769-SDN has a two-digit display to give you status and fault information.

Please tell us what numbers are shown on that display.

Tell us more about the slave devices, and about what behavior or indications change when you connect them to the DeviceNet network.

This might be an obscure software or firmware bug (which is why we have asked for version of the software and firmware) or it might be a simple installation problem related to wiring or data rate (which is why we are asking about the slave devices and the indicators).

One of the first things you should do is be certain that the 1769-SDN has been configured for the proper node number. Most DeviceNet products use Node 63 right out of the box, and of course your Master and Slave devices can't have the same address.

If you did have a "Duplicate MAC ID" conflict like that, the display on the 1769-SDN would show status code 70 on the two-digit display.

We have posted at the same time. :)
As you see above attached photo, All node numbers are right and EDS files have been installed correctly. Rslinx shows them as they are but Rsnetworx doesn't. Rsnetworx only shows scanner when I disconnect nodes.

I have just updated the firmware of scanner to 4.004

Thanks for that additional information !

That shows us that the 1769-SDN is correctly configured for the typical MAC ID of 00.

Status Code 75 and Status Code 79 are similar; they indicate that the Scanner is not seeing data traffic on the network.

Code 75 mean "no traffic detected" and is typical when the DeviceNet Scanner's scanlist is empty, so it is not sending out any traffic to the slave devices.

Code 79 means "module failed to transmit a message". This typically occurs if there are no slave devices on the network (therefore no responses to any transmissions) or if the slave devices are at the wrong data rate.

The 1769-SDN data rate (500, 250, or 125 kb/s) is configured using RSLinx Classic in the Module Properties.

The 1791D I/O modules typically use AutoBaud to detect the data on the network. That is very convenient and safe when adding it to a network, but it can be tricky when it's the only device on a new network, and there is no traffic for it to detect.

I recommend adding the 1791D module to the Scanner's scanlist, which cause the Scanner to attempt to communicate with it, thus causing DeviceNet signal traffic which will be detected by the 1791D module.

Once you have more than one device on the network, the AutoBaud feature works very smoothly.

Rslinx shows them as they are but Rsnetworx doesn't.

That might be the heart of the matter. What versions of RSLinx and RSNetworx, respectively ? RSNetworx v21 or higher will require RSLinx 3.x or higher.

And this might have to do with the firmware in the 1769-SDN. Version 4.04 was evidently the stable version that RA Tech Support recommends for everyone.

From RA Knowledgebase Article 462381, describing similar problems with module browsing in this generation of products:

CompactLogix 5370 L2 and L3 controllers need to be flashed to v20.014 or higher within major revision 20 or v21.011 or higher.
and
1769-SDN needs to be flashed to v4.004 Flashing should only be done via Ethernet backplane if the controller version is V21 or higher. Otherwise need to flash via DeviceNet using 1784-U2DN module or similar device.

That might be the heart of the matter. What versions of RSLinx and RSNetworx, respectively ? RSNetworx v21 or higher will require RSLinx 3.x or higher.

And this might have to do with the firmware in the 1769-SDN. Version 4.04 was evidently the stable version that RA Tech Support recommends for everyone.

From RA Knowledgebase Article 462381, describing similar problems with module browsing in this generation of products:

Thank you, Ken Roach, for your replies.
The version of Rslinx is 3.9 and Rsnetworx is 24.
So, I think I should flash the CPU as well?