Powerflex 755 reverse direction while running

Osiaan

Just wondering, what would happen if the direction is reversed while the drive is running, without the speed setpoint changing. Specifically, how would the S-Curve ramp behave? The drive is controlled via Ethernet/RSLogix5000.

If you had both Forward and Reverse inputs on at the same time the drive would ramp to stop at Dec rate.
If it was just Reverse input then the drive would ramp down to zero at the Dec ramp then ramp up to the commanded speed at the Acel ramp. the rive will not fault out.
the s-curve would be the same either way. As long as the drive doesn't go into regen mode and cause a buss over voltage.

Thanks, that's what I thought (hoped). So, just to confirm: S-Curve ramp to 0 at decel rate then another S-Curve ramp to setpoint at acel rate.

Will make my life a lot easier. As you might have guessed it's for a hoisting application and I just wanted make sure there will be a smooth transition from one direction to the other.

If is were doing a hoisting application this is the drive I would use without a second thought. they have all safety built in Proof of Torque, brake control, proof of brake, check for motor coupler failure.
http://www.magnetekmh.com
I know you like the Powerflex but check them out, way ahead of all the other drives,