looking for a flat panel touchscreen with built in PC

ganutenator

Lifetime Supporting Member
looking for a flat panel touchscreen with built in PC

Looking for the following:

A cabinet door mounted touch screen flat panel with a built in PC.

It would resemble a panel view or panel mate etc. It could be loaded with VB, Intellution, Cimplicity, RSView32, or Wondersucks etc.

Is anyone using anything like this that doesn't need proprietary software and/or cables (i.e. not provided by allen bradley)

automation direct sells touchscreens and a panel mount pc that works great...comes with win2k already loaded...i have used all of their touchscreens...

I have a application using the Advantech Industrial PC with a touch screen (PPC-153). So far it seems fairly reliable. (Well, to the extent that Windows will allow it to be.)banghead. I thought the cost was very good at about $3800.00 This is for a color 15" . I will post the link where they can be found. Hope this helps you out.
RDay

I have found it more economical to buy the touch screen and
throw a desktop PC in the cabinet. It's easy to get parts
and fix.

EXOR - http://www.exor-rd.com - has products that match your requirements. I haven't used their panel PCs, but I have had excellent results with their operator interfaces.

I've used Advantech in the past. The hardware was OK (after we got through some hard disk infant failures) but their support left a lot to be desired. Prices are volatile, but at that time they were not low cost.

Touch screen /PC

I know cutlerhammer makes on and its called a DL### or something. It comes with Pc built right inside the cabinet it comes with. Probablly pretty pricey though.

I have used exor-rd and had to disassemble it to get it to work within the first month. Has been working since then which was about 3 years now. Drawback was no operating system pre-loaded.

I have also used Advantech. Very asthetically(sp.) appealing and had Windows 2000 pre-loaded. I have had one hard disk failure out of five units that have been in operation for over 2 years. Our typical cabinet temperatures exceed 110 degrees F.

All of my future purchases will be Advantech. I am currently looking at using their Windows CE unit to run a VB program.

I did a test of various manufactures touch screens last year. The best was Viewtronix. I have used about 4 since last fall and they have some of the best veiw panels I have seen. KEP also had a very nice one but I did not think it was as nice and it was a couple hundred dollars more. I used to use Cuttler Hammer but they raised thier price by over 500 dollars and you would not always be getting the newest chip set.

You have to also consider how you are mounting the touchscreen. Some of the screens take numerous holes for screws others just use clips and you only make one cutout. Also look at the front flange because they are some times very big and take up alot of room on the cabinet once the cutout is made.

I have experience with the CTC Chako mentions. I have found them to be very robust, ours is possibly in one of the worst environments for a PC & has worked great for years.

Check out Xycom's new 3115T industrial pc, it has all the options you need with NT or 2K for $2995 U.S. PIII 850, 256M Ram, 20G HD, Ethernet, USB, (3) Serial, CD, Floppy, 0-50C temp, All steel construction, 15" TFT 200nit LCD with touch screen, NEMA 4/4X/12.