SLC 5/04 controllogix communication

pct_jimmy

Hello all,
I was wonering in any of you could help me out. We have a machine that runs on controllogix platform and are looking to add a few things to control transfer chains and such on a machine that run on an SLC 5/04. I am new to controllogix and wanted to know if there was any way to get these to to talk to each other.Basically have an input in the controllogix point to an output in the slc.

you could add an 1756-DHRIO card in the control logix rack and put it on DH+ network if there is a spare slot.

then messages between the two is easy done

cheers

myles

how close are the two PLC's? if you want it done on the cheap and they are close enough, you could maybe link them using the serial port on them.

i have no experience of this and not sure if it is possible, just a thought! hopefully someone with experience will chime in and advise!

cheers

myles