CP341 Modbus slave WRITE

tonus

I have a setup that has both a modbus master and a slave.
The master works just fine, it read and writes like it should, however the slave allows for read but NOT for write.
It consistently returns modbus error 02, which means 'illegal address'. I must be overlooking something simple and I am very obliged if anyone has a working suggestion.

Modbus master: reads and writes
Modbus slave: read only does not allow ANY write.

I know that in the hardware setup there is a form with a <parameter> below, that in turn opens a new form with a blue envelope, clicking that gives a 8 tabbed form "General, Modbus-Slave, FC 01 05 15, FC 02, FC 03 06 16, FC 04, Limits, Data Transmission"
As I only want to write 16 bit values with function 16, in two consecutive datablocks I entered the number of the first datablock on the tab "FC 03 06 16", on the tab "Limits" I only entered for MIN DB the earlier entered number and in MAX DB the next datablock other entries untouched.

Anyone with a suggestion!?

And yes, I do not read from the 511th dataword in any datablock as the Siemens slave is incapable to that. Nor do I cross kilobyte boundaries as that works neither. And I cannot use anything else .....
And I did not much programming on this, I just used the sample programme that came with the slave-dongle.

Many of the problems are solved, the firmware of the CP341-card turned out to be the main factor. Other factors block numbering should stay below 256 for the used db. All software updated.
Still a design flaw remains in the Siemens software that limits both reads and writes to the limits of the used db. If you have a sofware package that optimizes modbus usage you may meet trouble if you are unable to control the exact requests and cross boundaries if there is a read for example from word 500 to word 520. (Siemens dby.dbw100..dbz.dbw8, where z=y+1).

It may be very interesting to build an open source fb that allows just to read and write words. Has anyone hardware available to test that?