GE 90-30 to RX3i conversion

NetNathan

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have 4 systems that are 90-30 and I am converting to RX3i.
IO Modules are the same 90-30 modules and are compatible.
I am replacing 90-30 Rack/CPU/PS with RX3i components and adding RX3i Ethernet module. Then re-installing 90-30 IO modules.

I assume I open new "Target" and build/configure RX3i rack in IO configuration with IO addresses matching original 90-30 IO configuration?
Then import 90-30 logic?

Has GE ever done a step by step instruction tech support file?

GE 90-30 to RX

There is a manual 'Series 90 to PACSystems Application Conversion Guide GFK2722'. Also it is good to have the last Profficy machine edition (8.0 or higher).

Converting the Series 90-30 Target
[FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]To convert a Series 90-30 target to a PACSystems RX3i target in the programming software:
1. In the Project tab of the Navigator, right click the target you want to convert and select Properties. The Inspector displays the target properties.
2. In the Properties, select the PACSystems RX3i family. A Target Conversion Warning message appears. If you want to continue with the conversion, click OK.
3. The target is converted to the PACSystems RX3i family. The target conversion report is displayed in the InfoViewer when the conversion is complete.
4. Review the target conversion report, correct any problems identified, and validate the application. The application should be thoroughly tested to detect problems that may be caused by execution differences before deploying it in a production environment.
For additional information, please refer to "Changes Made During the Conversion," and "Finishing the Conversion

When finished it will generate a report. I would then go through the logic and correct any issues that need resolving there are some instructions that are not compatible.
also check your revision number on your 9030 modules.
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

I used the above method and it was very clean.
I had to change the CPU from the one it used (I am using a IC695CPE305) and the PS.
Everything else was smooth.
Regrettably the RX3i Ethernet Module (IC695ETM001) is only allowed in the main rack, but I had a spare slot.
With the Ethernet module in the main rack, my PS (IC6985PSA140) has a yellow block meaning it is running 75% or greater.
Properties on the PS say the load is %94.58.
That is higher than I would like, but I will have to live with it I guess.

Great everything went smoothly. IMHO the yellow 75% or greater on the power supply is normal. I have put Four of these in 3 on just single racks and Rack not full still running at 76% with one on a 3 expansion rack system and running at 83% capacity. So Yellow shouldn't be a big worry..