Siemens Micro Memory card

jamalshahid

Guys Good morning,

I have a question regarding Siemens micro memory card.

First i need to clarify my doubt why we use this micro memory card?

( i think after writing program we have to save program in micro memory card and than we can use this micro memory card to transfer program in CPU by plugging memory card in CPU)

If this is the function. So like Allen bradley can we use Ethernet cable in order to transfer program to CPU in Siemens S7 -300?

Waiting for your reply.

It is not quite like an AB PLC.
In an S7-300, the MMC card is mandatory. There is no backup battery.
In S7-400, there is a backup battery, and you can run it without an MC card.

If the S7-300 has an onboard ethernet port, or there is an ethernet CP module, then yes you can transfer the program to the PLC that way.
I strongly recommend to only consider ethernet-enabled CPUs. If an S7-300 with onboard ethernet is too expensive, then consider the IM151-8 (ET200S CPU).