cable usb proface usb a to usb a

onoyjo

tank`s for avery one

help me, i have been do with proface gp 4000, and i will tranfer file from my pc via usb, and in my hmi use port usb so i make usb cable male-mele. but i don`t comunication.
there is wrong with my cable ? what cable must i use ?
any scematyc for cable usb A to usb A ?

tank you very mach for all

I dont use Proface, so I cannot know for sure, but I'll take a guess.

If the USB port in the panel is the same type as in in your PC (USB "A" ports, aka "USB host"), then there is no way to simply connect the two together.
There are USB A-to-A (USB-host-to-host) adapters for PC-to-PC comms, but they require installation of special drivers etc.
The USB A port on the panel is probably for connecting a mouse, or keyboard, or a flash memory stick.
So forget it.

Read the manual, there must be a way to connect the panel to the PC in a proper way.

normally USB is a 4 wire communication.
Red White Green & Black
R & W are +5v & Gnd while G & B are for data + & -.
i haveny used proface so i dont know bout it.
only two possible connection straight and cross.
in both the case R & W are same only G & B interchanges. Try it.

!!! Caution!!! never swap R & B in USB might damage your Hardware connectec.

Good luck.

normally USB is a 4 wire communication.
Red White Green & Black
R & W are +5v & Gnd while G & B are for data + & -.
i haveny used proface so i dont know bout it.
only two possible connection straight and cross.
in both the case R & W are same only G & B interchanges. Try it.

!!! Caution!!! never swap R & B in USB might damage your Hardware connectec.

Good luck.
Without knowing the Proface panel, I still say:
Do not do this !
USB is not a peer-to-peer interface.

To program a Proface screen using USB then you need USB A to USB A Proface lead. This has a module between the connectors. in its schneider form its a XBTZG935
Chris

Exactly what panel type is it ?
It seems that all Proface GP4000 models have both an USB-A and USB-B (mini) ports, and both can be used for downloading the program.
A regular USB-A to USB-B cable should be enough.

Doh JepersMP is right, I've only used the GP3000's and they don't have a USB B.

However our friend is trying is to use Male to Male,

I always use an ethernet lead, much faster

Chris

I think the smallest models dont have ethernet, but if there is ethernet, then I absolutely agree, dont waste time with any other method for downloading to the panel.

Btw. Siemens panels also have the possibility to use a USB-A to USB-A converter. Despite that it should be possible, I have only heard about problems for this approach. I tried once myself and couldnt get it to work. And why even bother if there are other and better ways ?