Not able to Communicate with Panelview 550

sanjay_snj

We are using SCL 5/03 plc (node 1) and Panelview 550 (node 2). Panelview 550 is connected with Rs232 port of CPU. When I m connecting a Laptop to the PLC and communicating through DF1 Driver or PIC Driver, I see only 2 nodes. The 1st is workstation (i.e my laptop) and 2nd is SLC.

I have connected the Laptop directly to the RS232 port of Panelview also, but there also only 2 nodes are visible.

Actually I want to change the alarm trigger of the Panel View for which it is necessary to upload the program in the hard disk (As i do not have the back up). I tried to upload through a direct DF1 connection of Laptop and Panelview but the folowing message is coming: -
Info/Error 2018 : If you are using a direct connection to a Panel View via DF1, insure that the Panelview does not have its printer port enabled.

i tried to disable the printer port in panel view 550 through configuration menu, but it is not getting disabled.

If anybody know how to resolve this, please help.

Sanjay

If you disconnect you PLC from the Panelview DF1 port and connect your PC to the DF1 port then you should communicate and be able to upload the program.

The RS232 DF1 protocol is point-to-point and you will only be able to connect 2 devices at once i.e. PLC-Panelview , PC-PLC, PC-panelview.

You need an NC13 or NC14 cable the same as connects the PLC to the panelview. The RS232 cable for PC-PLC connection does not work. The NC13 is a "straight through" connection i.e 2-2 , 3-3.

What part number is the panelview?

If it's one that has two DB9 ports on it, you can't disable the printer port, as it's dedicated. The other is used for programming and communications.