Cage-clamp mini terminal blocks with jumper option ?

Ken Roach

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
This is slightly OT, but I figure it's something we deal with when building control panels.

Does anyone know of a top-entry, spring-clamp, miniature terminal block with a jumper option ?

My default is to use A-B 1492-J4 terminal blocks with a screw-in jumper row in the center. But I have an application that needs much smaller terminal blocks, and ideally they would use spring clamps and have the wire entry on the top.

So I'm looking for a combination of this:
1492-WM3_IECScrewMiniTerminalBlock_front1-small_196w161h.jpg

With this:
1492-LM3_IECSpringMiniInterlockingTerminalBlock_front1-small_196w161h.jpg

I've looked through A-B, Phoenix Contact, Weidmuller, and Wago and not found what I'm looking for.

I have an application where I need about six blocks jumpered together to make a mini 24V DC power bus, with contacts on both sides. The mini spring-clamp blocks I can find are either 1-pair or 2-pair, and don't offer a jumper bus option.

Edit: To clarify, I'm looking for something very small, so 15mm DIN rail is the biggest mounting option I can use. Plate-mounting or end-brackets, or click-in posts... anything but 35mm DIN rail.

Last edited:
The 15 mm rail limits the selection considerably.

For Wago, look on page 270 if this is something like you are looking for:
http://www.wago.com/infomaterial/pdf/51266144.pdf

For a 'power-bus' row of terminals, you use terminals with 4 ports, and use 1 port on each terminal to link to the next. See the little pictures on page 270 to get the idea.
One row of ports gets 'wasted' this way, but it is the closest I can find.

I have also been looking for a similar compact power-bus.
I ended up rearranging my available space to fit a 35 mm rail since the 15 mm rail offerings weren't really satisfactory.
edit: The terminals for the 15 mm rail hangs so far out from the rail that terminals for a 35 mm rail doesn't use that much more space.
edit again: The blue screw terminal you posted had its ports on the sides (*) which means you have to reserve space for the wires to get in and out. Cage clamp terminals saves this space because they are almost always wired from the top (*). So maybe you dont have such a big problem to fit a 35 mm rail.

*: Terminal vendors like to use "sides" for what is top and bottom when seen from the normal viewing angle, and "top" for what is the outermost side when seen from the normal viewing angle.

Last edited:
Here is the thread where I ask if someone have good ideas.
http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=72333

There were a few alternative ideas.
But in the end I used regular 4-port cage clamp terminals. Part because the alternative ideas were not really satisfactory, part because introducing new vendors in my company is near-impossible.

Here is a picture of a retrofit project in a tight space. The terminals are used for 24V power distribution. A cam is used to jumper across 5 terminals. A special tool is required to insert the cam jumper.
There are 15 mm above the terminals up to the PLC, and 7 mm below the terminals to the wire duct.

retrofit_small.jpg