pinout for S7 300 and OP7 HMI

mn_bhavsar

Dear friends, I need a pinout for cable connecting OP7 HMI and 312C Plc thro MPI. I am using USB MPI for connecting PLC with PC.
regards

Just use 2 Profibus connectors and Profibus cable. Do not forget to set the connector resistors to ON on both ends.

The pinout is: A1 TO A1
B1 TO B1

Profibus is only a protocol. The fact that you are not using it is irrelevant here. You are using the MPI protocol between your PLC and HMI. Both Profibus and MPI protocols rely on the same physical connections and cabling. NoNuke's answer is still a good recommendation - it is simple and reliable.

well thats definitely a good solution, no doubt abt that. But still i am right now not opting it. I want to use MPI, as i am using this limited hardware with me. I am using S7-312C with one analog module. As this project is small project, i don't want to opt for Profibus right now. Plz suggest me the cable connection to connect multiple nodes with MPI

thanx and regards

Plz suggest me the cable connection to connect multiple nodes with MPI
This is exactly what NoNuke suggested and Ken M repeated. To connect multiple nodes with MPI you use a profibuscable between the PLC and the HMI and an USB to MPI converter between the PC and this system.

Regards,

mn_bhavsar said:
well thats definitely a good solution, no doubt abt that. But still i am right now not opting it. I want to use MPI, as i am using this limited hardware with me. I am using S7-312C with one analog module. As this project is small project, i don't want to opt for Profibus right now. Plz suggest me the cable connection to connect multiple nodes with MPI

thanx and regards

Both MPI and Profibus use the RS 485 interface. The only difference is the way they say 'Hello' to the other devices.

Connecting multiple devices is done by using a Profibus cable. It's called a Profibus cable since it's used mostly for just that. But it's not the only protocol is can be used for.