S7 315 Data Acquisition

Coops

Hi peeps,

I have a customer with a problem and he didnt like my answer; so i hope you can help. He has a S7-215-2-Dp Siemens Processor which has an Ethernet built into the processor. He also has a Siemens MP277 i think 6" Touch Screen HMI which also has a built in Ethernet port.

OK the problem, he would like to be able to access data that is displayed on the HMI. Say counters and trend data; i suggested that he could just log it to a USB stick and just remove the stick and look at the data in excel when he wants to....but he is abit lazy it seems and he would like to sit at his desk and be able to somehow access this data using the ethernet ports on the Siemens hardware.

Is this possible and would i need extra communications software on him office PC because he has NO Siemens software on his computer.

Thanks for any advice.

paul

If you have WinCC Flex Advanced, I suggest you generate a WinCC Flex RT. The 128 tags license costs only ~400€. Then you have a separate HMI which means the customer has the extra safety that if one goes down the other will work. This is what I do.

Another possibilitiy: Buy a WinCC Flex Smartservice license for the MP277 panel. The panel can then be remotely controlled by any web-browser on the LAN or even the internet if connected to the www. Costs ~500€.

Yet another one:

You can create a script on the panel that logs data to a network drive.
Your customer can then access the logged data from anywhere else that the network drive is accessible.