TiaPortal from %IWxxxx to String

cagliostro

Hi All,

through a PN / PN coupler, receive a series of data from another Siemens PLC.

An area of 32bytes (From% IW840 To% IW870) has been reserved in the exchange data which contains the name of the recipe to be displayed on a TP1200 Comfort HMI.

My problem is that I don't know how to take the 32 bytes and convert them as a string to be displayed in the HMI
The CPU I am using is a FailSafe 1510.
Thanks in advance for your support

You never answered this:
L D[AR2 said:
]Are the bytes actually characters?
If the data being received are already formatted as a string, then you dont have to convert anything.

It would be illogical to transfer as array of bytes. The partner PLC is a Siemens S7, which supports strings natively.