communication problem after change hmi device in wincc flexible 2008 project

haithm

I have wincc flex 2008 project made with wincc flexible 2088 sp1 project hmi device is simatic pc panel 19" I want to change hmi device to run the project on PC runtime , i opened the project with winncc flex 2008 sp3 so project converted to be able opened in new version, project connections and compilling is ok as shown in picture1 .
but when I changed the hmi device to pc runtime connections become orange ( communication protocol not possible ) as shown in picture2
problem due to plc_gravi color it is not modicon plc , it is a smart controller like plc has modbus ip connection
how can I change the hmi device with no error ???

picture1.jpg picture2.jpg

To avoid all that, I was able to create an SIMATIC S7 300/400 and Modicon Modbus TCP/IP connections in WinCC RT Advanced V13.... but it should work in the latest version V16. I highly recommend doing this.

Last edited:
why this happen when I change hmi device ??? if I use tia portal v16 can open my project and change hmi device without communication error

All I did was create a brand new WinCC flexible project, add an S7 300/400 driver on Ethernet, and add a Modicon Modbus driver on Ethernet, and they turn orange. The error is "Protocol combination not possible."

If I change the S7 driver to MPI/DP, it says it's fine. When I integrate the WinCC flexible project into STEP 7, change the configuration of the PC station to have an IE General module, change the driver to use the IE General with integrated CPU, then it's fine as well - but I'm afraid this method may require the installation of Simatic Net.

TIA Portal doesn't have this issue. I can add an S7 driver and Modbus driver on Ethernet, and it's fine.

WinCC_flexible_S7_Modbus_Ethernet_Error.png WinCC_flexible_S7_Modbus_Ethernet_OK.png

Last edited:
no compile with no problem
In the screenshots in the 1st post, your show the connection setup before and after the migration to a PC runtime. In the picture after the migration to PC runtime the connections are shown with orange color, i.e. with errors. Are you saying that this picture is no longer valid ?