Quick and easy Mitsubishi question.

metaxus

Hi everyone, I have a very quick question which should be fairly straightforward for someone with a little more in-depth programming knowlege than me.

I have a program running on a Mitsubishi FX-1S (the first one I've ever used) which is being started by the feed out of a printer. I've already completed and tested every other function of it and it works perfectly, but I have one more thing left to do.

The person in charge of this project has handed me an optical encoder and told me that it will be fitted to the machine and I'm to use it to start the machine I'm building.

Anyway, here goes:

I've got a single phase from the 1000PPR rotary encoder hooked up to one of the digital inputs of the PLC... I don't need any actual counting to go on, so that should suffice.

However, I need to trigger one of the internal relays on the state change of that input.

Either on to off, or off to on (regardless of which position it starts from), which I can then use to start a hauloff section of the program. The rest of the program is written, I just need a bit to turn on based on the change of state to trigger it.

Now, I've done this in another project a couple of years ago with an Omron CJ-1M, but I can't for the life of me remember how I did it... Even spending a good 2 hours today going through the MELSEC manuals, nothing has jogged my memory.

If anyone has any insight to offer, I would be very appreciative! :oops:

Thanks in advance,
Josh.

Hi
Not the neatest solution but you could use PLS and PLF to detect rising and falling edges, and use these to generate your trigger bit.

If I was doing it i would use a low input, say X1 which is usually hi speed counte enabled, and feed a counter. I would then look for a change in the counter of a few counts.

Are you essentilly looking to see if somthing else is moving before you start?

CJD said:
Are you essentilly looking to see if somthing else is moving before you start

That's exactly what I'm doing. My machine connects to a printer and has to start working at the same time the printer starts printing.

panic mode said:
not sure what you need but there are also inline instructions:

Thanks. I'm not on site today, but I'll try these out first thing in the morning.