CP 342-5 and Mobile Panel DP

kosmous

Hi,

my PROFIBUS network consists of CP342-5 and Mobile Panel 177 as SLAVE but i can't establish the communication. Is it wright that MOBILE PANEL 177 needs to connect direct on CPU with integrated DP?

Is there any posibility to communicate MOBILE PANEL through CP342-5 (SEND RECEIVE), or it is a wrong configuration ?

I suppose that i need CPU with integrated DP.
Could anyone help with my problem ?

Thank you

Your Mobile Panel 177 should not be a DP slave.
The "normal" communication between a panel and an S7 PLC over Profibus is via master-master communication.

A panel can connect via an integrated DP port or via a CP342-5.

The panel fetches and sends information by itself. You do not have to program any blocks in the S7 PLC.

Make an integrated STEP7 project that contains both your panel and S7 PLC.
Set both panels and PLCs hardware config to be connected to the same profibus network, as masters (!).
Open the connetion dialog in WinCC Flexible, and select the connection partner by pointing out the S7 CPU. Do not define parameters manually.
That is all.

Thank you for the quick response.

I have cpu 312 with cp342-5 (as master)and MP 177 as slave.
I was trying my network as shown on the attached diagrams.

If i understand you mean that in the hardware configuration (STEP 7), Mobile Panel must not be shown as slave station ???

I will try now your suggestion !

Also, i have tried the network : S7400 (master) with Mobile Panel as slave and it works.
icon7.gif
(Of course without SEND RECEIVE)

Try this:

- Delete the connection in your HW config (first pic)
- SIMATIC Manager > Options > Configure Network
- You should see the PLC aswell as HMI staion there. Connect both PLC and HMI to the DP network. Check DP adres.
- Set DP adres in the HMI itself.

Jesper you are right, i must not have the panel as slave.
Thank you very much all of you
icon14.gif

Conclusively, Mobile panel communicates as slave with CPU 414-2. This may help somebody to the future.

With CPU 312 using CP342-5, there is no need Mobile Panel to be slave.

Thank you again.

kosmous said:
Conclusively, Mobile panel communicates as slave with CPU 414-2.
No, not necessarily. It works exactly the same with a S7-300 with or without a CP342-5. There must have been a specific reason for that it had to be a slave.
kosmous said:
With CPU 312 using CP342-5, there is no need Mobile Panel to be slave.
More precisely, there is no need regardless of if the panel connects via a CP342-5 or an integrated DP port.