FactoryTalk Directory

Damien1

Hello,

I have a FactoryTalk View SE 8.10 system. There is one server who holds the HMI Server and there is one client connected to the server. Everything were fine but after a long power shortage (UPS goes down), a bug appears. The HMI server is still working fine and the faceplate can be controlled from the client like before, but there is a message that comes each minutes in the log window at the bottom of the FactoryTalk View SE Client :

Error: HRESULT = "0x00000000" Location = ".\RNADirServerProxy.cpp, Line: 16838".
The connection to the FactoryTalk Directory has been restored.
Error: HRESULT = "0x80072746" Location = ".\RNADirServerProxy.cpp, Line: 17452".
The connection to the FactoryTalk Directory has been lost.
I tried to repair FactoryTalk Services Platform with no changes. When I try to configure FactoryTalk Local Directory on the server side (run as Administrator), I get an error :

Unable to backup existing LocalReconfigure Directory to file folder C:\ProgramData\Rockwell\RNAServer\Backups\LocalReconfigure2891.bak.

Exception from HRESULT : 0x80042034
Is there anything I can do to resolve this without reinstalling everything ?

Thanks a lot,

Damien

Same error as like you faced

I tried reinstalling FactoryTalk Services Platform and it doesn't change anything. But I found this tool in the Knowledgebase and it was successful after using it.

https://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/577717

I have faced the same error.

Unable to backup existing LocalReconfigure Directory to file folder C:\ProgramData\Rockwell\RNAServer\Backups\LocalRec onfigure2891.bak.

Exception from HRESULT : 0x80042034

Kindly suggest for resolution.