NEMA 34 stepper gearbox

rpoet

All,
I'm on the hunt for a rather strange gearbox for a NEMA 34 stepper motor. I need a right angle hollow shaft box. See the link below for a picture.

http://www.electromate.com/db_support/downloads/DuraTrue90HollowShaft.pdf

The above link is a PDF of Danaher's Micron gear boxes. On page 2 is a picture of what I'm looking for; it doesn't appear that Danaher builds a hollow shaft output box in a NEMA 34 size (ro at least I couldn't find it), but the picture is the exact concept. I need it to be a 10:1 ratio, sized for the NEMA 34 stepper, and have a hollow shaft diameter of 3/4".

I'm starting to think that in the stepper / servo world, right angle hollowshaft gearboxes are a difficult design to find. Am I right, or am I just looking in the wrong places?

Thanks,

rpoet

I'm sure for the right price, they'll custom build you one. Although they also don't have your requirements available as a stock configuration, Bayside is another one to contact.

Might be easier (cheaper?) to use a different frame size motor?... :confused:

🍻

-Eric

I'm sure for the right price, they'll custom build you one. Although they also don't have your requirements available as a stock configuration, Bayside is another one to contact.

Might be easier (cheaper?) to use a different frame size motor?... :confused:

🍻

-Eric
If Bayside won't come through, you may want to contact Motion Industries (they're based in Rockford,IL and since you're in Chicago, it will be a quick call/drive).
They may be able to have something in stock since they used to deal Danaher!

You might find what you are looking for from Stober or Alpha/Wittenstein. Danaher will likely want some minimum quantity to do anything special.

All,
Thanks for the leads. I'll have a look.

bkottaras, I have contacted Motion Industries, and they're on the hunt as well.

I'll let you know what I find.

Thanks again,

rpoet

rpoet,

You can select the DuraTrue 90 with hollow output for a NEMA 34 motor at the Danaher/Thompson site for Micron gearboxes:
http://www.micronmotioneering.com

Step by steps is

• Select the DuraTrue picture on the right hand side of the page.
  • In the drop down select DuraTRUE Right Angle Hollow Shaft
  • In the Ratio drop down select 10:1
  • In the bottom box choose the Select a motor bullet and then click on the "Click Here" link directly to the right.
  • Another window opens and in the drop down for Motor Manufacturer select NEMA34
  • Click the Save and Continue button at the bottom right of the window. You are taken back to the previous windows but now it says Redimount selected is RM090-2
  • Select the Continue button at the lower right
  • Available boxes that match your selections are shown (in this case, only one)
  • Select the gearbox you want and Select the Finish Button
  • You are taken to a final page where you can get a summary page, CAD model, etc.
If you start on the left side of the first page, you can select a gearbox based on the application parameters such as torque, speed, etc.

(* Please see following post for correct output. I was playing around with the sight a lot and this attachment is wront *)
I have attached a pdf showing the selected gearbox for this application.

Hope this helps.

<Disclaimer - I work for a Danaher distributor in the Chicagoland area>

Norman Dziedzic
[email protected]
http://www.cmafh.com

Last edited: