Anyone Fit a PanelView Plus 7 6.5 in a 550 Cutout?

JaxGTO

Customer has a lot of old PV600 I have been converting over to PVP7 using the adapter plate.

Now we have a PV550 (2711-K5A2). Has anyone had luck with the PVP7 (2711P-B7C22A9P) fitting in the same cutout?
The PV550 is 144mm (5.67") X 243mm (9.57") and the PVP7 is 142mm (5.59") X 237mm (9.33"), just 2mm narrower and 6mm shorter.

I think it will fit fine with the overlap of the screen, just curious if anyone else got it to fit okay.

I want to test fit one but the 550 is completely falling apart. I'm afraid if I touch it, it will quit altogether.

Hi JaxGTO,

Did you ever find out the answer to this? I am about to fit 6.5" PV 7 into the place of a 550 and wondered if it would fit? The dimensions look very similar for the cut-outs, as you said.

Thanks!

just because its smaller, the BIG question is what is the application and environment rating? the panelview seal is designed to keep thing out of the panel and terminal. the 2mm would not sweat to much about, t 6.1 mm is another story. that leaves almost no seal on the terminal and panel. the panel will now encounter more force when the screen is touched. i would not do this, get another panel or door.
james

Adding to what James said, there are screw holes from the PV550 that might need to be dealt with. The requirements of the customer and environment come into play as well. When we need to make an adapter plate for most water customers, some 1/8" thick black textured plastic is great. It is easy to cut and looks nice. We have re-skinned whole doors with it to cover all the holes from removed selectors switches and other instruments.

https://www.regal-plastics.com/abs-plastic/

You can get a 4' x 8' sheet of that stuff for about $60.

On the other hand, we have one customer who required 12 gauge sheet metal which we obliged.

Last edited:
It did fit with no leaks. It's even in a washdown area.

Here is what the old 550 looked like. And it was still working...

IMG_6739.jpg IMG_6714.jpg