Onsite right now... Profibus :What is decimal value of 1800 rpm speed reference?

AutomationTechBrian

Lifetime Supporting Member
I'm troubleshooting a speed issue in Profibus right now. I can't remember the decimal value needed for 1800 rpm in profibus. Also, what about over-speed... 3000 rpm (about 100 Hz)? I'm not having a lot of Google luck, and the day is almost gone. Help, anyone?

Hello my friend,

What drive are you using ?
In Siemens, you usually have a reference RPM etc. 3000rpm, and then you use a normalization value to calculate what value to send as the speed setpoint.

The normalization value in Siemens is 16384 in decimal or hex #4000.
The raw normalization value will correspont to 100% of the reference RPM, but you are able to go up to 200% by sending 32768 decimal or hex #7FFF.

I hope this helps you.

EDIT**
Too slow :)

Last edited: