Powerflex 525 MultiDrive

righteous818

Good Day,

I am unable to find any support using Powerflex 525 in multiple with other Powerflex 525 instead i am only finding support with Powerflex 4 as in the manual. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

I know how to set up the multi drive in RSlogix 5000 as well configure the master PF525 but I am unsure of the settings that the Salve PF525s should be using in order to use the multi drive.

Thanks

I guess I don't understand the reference to master and slave PF525's. If they are all ethernet connected they're all going to appear equally in your Logix I/O tree. Unless I am missing something...

john_125, I believe this is in reference to his other thread, where he is concerned he will run out of connections on his L35E, so I'm guessing he wants to run one drive on Ethernet and 4 drives off of the DSI port, to limit the number of connections.

Assuming you will be starting/stopping and giving the speed over the network, it would probably be a matter of setting the start source and speed reference to Serial/DSI on the slave drives.

The Powerflex 525 has a multidrive mode which allows you to use one ethernet drive to control up to 4 other drives connected via the DSI port. The manual tells me that you can use any drive once they support the multi drive option, however, the manual only gives and example with the parameters for a PF4/40 but no indication if the user wishes to use powerflex 523s or 525s as the other drives in the daisy chain

It certainly can be done. I have the scars to prove it. DSI (Dog **** Interface) is not recommended.

Configuring the drives in Logix is easy - the AOP handles all the configuration for you.
Add a PF525 in multi config. Then there will be the option to add other drives to the four slots when you open that one up.

Set the address on the first drive and download parameters from the AOP. You may need to set C169 = 2 in the master before it lets you download.

Don't earth the bus to the drive.

From my cheat sheet I have the following parameters:

Multi Drive
Master
C169 2
This makes it the master. It also makes the drive appear as a different series of drive as far as firmware and parameter download.
C175 1-4 number of drives attached

Slave
C123 4
Baud rate to 19.2k

C124 2-5
Address - first slave should be 2