Restore a project from a broken OP177B mono

NoName

Hello Guys.

One question. I have to restore a project from a broken OP177B mono(Version 1.0.1.0), to a different OP177B mono panel (Version 1.1.3.0)

Will I be able to download the backup made with Prosave to the panel? The reason I am asking is, that I tried to download the WinCCFlex project to the OP, but got an error that the version of the panel and the project are not compatible.
In my WinCC flex I can't choose this firmware, so my idea is to back up the broken panel and restore it to the new panel.

Hello Guys.

One question. I have to restore a project from a broken OP177B mono(Version 1.0.1.0), to a different OP177B mono panel (Version 1.1.3.0)

Will I be able to download the backup made with Prosave to the panel? The reason I am asking is, that I tried to download the WinCCFlex project to the OP, but got an error that the version of the panel and the project are not compatible.
In my WinCC flex I can't choose this firmware, so my idea is to back up the broken panel and restore it to the new panel.

Do you have the full project, or just a binary backup?

I think the backups require the same OS version. You should be able to use Prosave to flash the new panel to the older image, and then load the backup.

You might need to hunt the support site (or give them a call) if you don't have the right OS image on your PC.

Do you have the full project, or just a binary backup?

I think the backups require the same OS version. You should be able to use Prosave to flash the new panel to the older image, and then load the backup.

You might need to hunt the support site (or give them a call) if you don't have the right OS image on your PC.

Hello. I have the whole project, but when I tried to download it to the Panel, i got an error that the device version of the project and the panel are not compatible. So that's why I am thinkig if I can just backup the old panel and restore it with PROsave. But I haven't found out if this can even be done, or will I get the same error as described above.

Cheers.
Aleix

Hello. I have the whole project, but when I tried to download it to the Panel, i got an error that the device version of the project and the panel are not compatible. So that's why I am thinkig if I can just backup the old panel and restore it with PROsave. But I haven't found out if this can even be done, or will I get the same error as described above.

Cheers.
Aleix

Either way, you should be able to flash the new device to the old FW version/OS image. Unless the part number is different or something?

You can use Prosave to Update the OS.

Browse for the firmware file in the following directory:
C:\Program Files\Siemens\SIMATIC WinCC flexible\WinCC flexible Images\Mobile_OP_TP177B
or
C:\Program Files (x86)\Siemens\SIMATIC WinCC flexible\WinCC flexible Images\Mobile_OP_TP177B

But I believe there is an OS Update... menu option in WinCC flexible as well.

You can use Prosave to Update the OS.

Browse for the firmware file in the following directory:
C:\Program Files\Siemens\SIMATIC WinCC flexible\WinCC flexible Images\Mobile_OP_TP177B
or
C:\Program Files (x86)\Siemens\SIMATIC WinCC flexible\WinCC flexible Images\Mobile_OP_TP177B

But I believe there is an OS Update... menu option in WinCC flexible as well.

Hello.
I know about the option to update the OS in Prosave, but when I chose the image file I get the following message.
The document does not match the device set.

Any chance that anyone here has an imaga file for the TP177B Mono DP, firmware version 1.0.1.0

Cheers

Which version of WinCC flexible do you have?

And what is the exact part number of the OP177? (the old one and the new one)

Hello. My WinCC flex is 2005 service pack 1. In this version the original HMI projcet was made.

THe panels are OP177B Mono DP:
old order nmbr: 6AV6 642-0DC01-1AX1
new order nmbr: 6AV6 642-0DC01-1AX1

Cherers Aleix