Powerflex 40

Alejandro01r

Hello guys,

Is there a way I could get the values shown on the parameter list to the PLC?
Currently the drives(powerflex40)s are connected by Device-net.
Using RSlogix500.

Thank you very much in advance.

Parameters.PNG

Welcome to the PLCTalk forum community !

Because this is a PowerFlex 4-class drive, it lacks the very easy to use "DataLink" method to add feedback parameters to the I/O connection.

So you will have to use the HMI and a "passthru" driver, or use DeviceNet Explicit Messages in the SLC-500 program.

What model of SLC-5/0x controller are you using, and what firmware revision of the controller ? And what firmware revision is your 1747-SDN DeviceNet Scanner ?

Check your RSLogix 500 software and see if your controller program allows you to enter a DeviceNet Explicit Message (DEM) instruction. That will make explicit message programming much easier.

Your name rings a bell.... I think I have seen it before somewhere!

The controller is a 1747-L543C. Currently the device is using Mfiles. SDN version 6. But I m going to have to confirm tomorrow. Not at the office at the moment.
And its a negative on the DEM.
Thx very much for the quick response.