Job interview at Beumer group. Test program

qwemx

I have been invited for an interview @Beumer group (Company)
During the interview they will also ask me to make a program
anyone here working in Beumer can give me an idea. I think the job is mid level

The purpose of them giving you a task to make a program is to test your experience and how well you approach a task with little time to think about it. It would not be in their best interest to give you info before the interview. If they have to give you the answer now and you get hired, then they will most likely have to give you the answers later, as well.
Just go to the interview and give it your best shot. If you are the best person available, then you will get offered a position. If they see you struggle a bit, you may still get an offer, but they may add some training to your objectives so both you and the company benefit.

I agree with drforsythe. They probably want to see how well you know programming methods and your troubleshooting skills. I've never worked at Beumer but I've had two interviews where they wanted me to write a program in front of a senior engineer.

At one interview, they wanted me to program a latching circuit with a start button, stop button, pump contactor and emergency stop.

At another interview, they wanted me to open RSLogix5000, add a ControlLogix controller, add a Main program and create several empty Tasks.

By the way, at the first interview I accidentally swapped the Start button and Stop button. The interviewer said this is ok, because this kind of mistake is caught during testing.

I got both jobs.

If they ask you to do something you're not familiar with, try your best and explain how you would test and troubleshoot it.

Good luck!

I had an online test before an interview.

Opened a schematic, setup a CLX per the schematic.

Then had specific tasks to run an item. This included making UDT's, AOI's, periodic and event routines, ladder & statement list, and more.

The test was for 1 hour, but it would have taken a few hours to complete all the tasks. They said no-one has ever completed the task.

I came in second place.

This really is the only way to see if someone is capable of performing the work needed, and seeing how well they document and comment, see if they maintain a standard in naming and addressing, etc.

But they got a free program wrote for their machine :)

I had an "interview" for a maintenance tech position back in the early 2000's.

As a 'test' the owner had me look at a down machine to determine the cause and see if my answer 'concurred' with what his guy found. Quickly figured out he didn't have a 'guy' and wanted a free diagnosis. I told him that when I was hired I would fix it, otherwise my consulting fee was $300 per hour.

I had an "interview" for a maintenance tech position back in the early 2000's.

As a 'test' the owner had me look at a down machine to determine the cause and see if my answer 'concurred' with what his guy found. Quickly figured out he didn't have a 'guy' and wanted a free diagnosis. I told him that when I was hired I would fix it, otherwise my consulting fee was $300 per hour.

++

The purpose of them giving you a task to make a program is to test your experience and how well you approach a task with little time to think about it. It would not be in their best interest to give you info before the interview. If they have to give you the answer now and you get hired, then they will most likely have to give you the answers later, as well.
Just go to the interview and give it your best shot. If you are the best person available, then you will get offered a position. If they see you struggle a bit, you may still get an offer, but they may add some training to your objectives so both you and the company benefit.

I want to develop my career in automation and any good opportunity is not to be missed if some information like this can help me prepare better then it will be good. I am not very good in automation yet because my present company does not do many projects - I am self learning switching to a full time automation job even difficult will be good. but if they dont see my skills as sufficient then i wont be hired because there may be many more experienced people. I am focusing on the result- getting hired.

I been on both side of the interview table many time and there's no rules on what to expect, even with the same company. My group have a totally different way to interview people than another across the hall.

just be brutally honest on your ability, shows that you are willing go above and beyond to learn and contribute.

Good luck.

i don't think they are looking just for the end result but a lot more about how you end up there. The method and réflexions to find the solution.
I would rather hire someone with good logic and general skills than someone that learned questions and answers....