fatal error when add ethernet device

mike3475

Hi,everyone:
we want to add used flex io block 1794-AENT/B (one DC input and four AC outputs) into 1769-L33ER ethernet tree, we set up IP address for it (the ip address is same subnet as L33ER). after plug in ethernet socket, we can see it working in RSLinx classic lite in our VM. we use RSLogix5000 V20.01.00 to open L33ER.
when we are creating new device in the ethernet tree, got fatal error.

Error information has been generated and stored in the following file:
"C:\Users\Public\Documents\Rockwell Automation\RSLogix5000\Logs\RSLogix5000 Fatal Error.Dmp"

Fatal Error!
Application Path:C:\Program Files\Rockwell Software\RSLogix5000\ENU\v20\Bin\RS5000.exe
Elapsed execution time:2 minutes & 30 seconds
Version:V20.01.00 (Release)
Source File: unknown
Line Number:-1
Function/Method:unkown
OS Version: unrecognized OS 32-bit (-Build 9200)
Thread Id: 00000e88(3720)
Error 0xe0434f4d (-532459699)
0xe0434f4d-No message avaible for error.
Press OK to terminate this application

we checked this error code is about missing AOP file.
when we were adding this device into ethernet tree, we couldn't see series option in the module profile, this means that AOP file is wrong. we checked AOP files folder in our VM, we only had one AOP file for 1794-AENT/A.
We can't find 1794-AENT series B AOP file in AB web.

Right now when going online, PLC was working fine, but when we click any ehernet device and it showed the same fatal error. since this plc running 24 hours a day, we don't want bother it now, but we like to hear some idea to solve this issue when we have a break time.

if i delete .Dmp file, what will happen? will this fatal error disappear ?
have to solve this fatal error first then move on. If we have right AOP file in the beginning to add this device, this fatal error will never show up.
i don't why we don't have AOP file for 1794-AENT/B in RSLogix5000.
we have V20 V24 V28 in VM.
If someone has this AOP file in AOP file folder in your RSLogix 5000 software, please send to us, that will be great.

Thanks in advance!

Capture12.PNG

Attachments

• AOP.docx
    13.9 KB · Views: 19
If you can access the following technote...

1072844 - RSLogix 5000: Fatal Error 0xe0434F4d When Opening Module Properties
Access Level: TechConnect

...I would start with installing RSLogix 5000 v20.05 instead of v20.01.

Your general AOP installation is likely corrupted with regard to older versions of software since probably v28 was installed. If the above does not work then either reinstall the AOP bundle for v28, or the latest AOP bundle for the PowerFlex drives.

Regards,
George

...I would start with installing RSLogix 5000 v20.05 instead of v20.01.

The link below will access the Add-On-Profiles available for RSLogix/Studio 5000.

https://download.rockwellautomation.com/esd/download.aspx?downloadid=addonprofiles

Just do a webpage search for "bundle" and you will find two bundles:

Bundle Studio 5000 Logix Designer V10.01-V29.00
This installs all of the Add-on profiles included in the releases V10.01 through V29.00 of RSLogix 5000 and Studio 5000 Logix Designer

Bundle Studio 5000 LD V10.01-V30.00.00
Important: The "AOP Bundle Studio 5000 LD V10.01-V30.00.00" includes new profiles for 1756 and 1794 modules. These profiles are only supported by Studio 5000 Architect R2 and higher.

we only have V20.01.00 ,we checked RSLogix5000 V20.01 release notes, it showed there is AOP file for 1794-AENT Series A & B version 4.2 in Rslogix5000 V20.01. so maybe it is easy just reinstall V20.01 will solve this problem.

Thanks everyone to help us!

Capture1.PNG

need help for above quote:
re-open it means import L5K file to ACD file ?then open this ACD file .

Thanks!

This is my procedure. The project name is MyProject.

Copy MyProject.ACD to a safe location other than the folder you work in so that you have a backup in case things go south.

Open up MyProject.ACD as you would normally.

"Save As" the project in L5K format (MyProject.L5K)

Close the project leaving Studio running.

Open MyProject.L5K

The "Save Imported Project As" dialog will prompt you where to save the imported project. The default is MyProject.ACD, which should be fine as you have a safe copy backed up; press IMPORT and it will ask you to acknowledge writing over MyProject.ACD.

You're done. Unless you wanted to change versions.

Notice that in the "Save Imported Project As" window, you can see in the bottom left corner that you have the option of changing the project revision level. The import utility faults and aborts if the revision in the L5K file doesn't match the target version. When I try to import v32 MyProject.L5k as a v20, the error reported is:

"Error: Line 12: Import Export version mismatch. Expected version is 2.11. Cannot import or paste into an older version of RSLogix5000."

Mouse clicking on the error line opens up the L5K project in Notepad where you can change the version to 2.11 in line 12, save the project, and re-open the L5K project successfully in v20 (or other version you want).

Hope that helps.

I have also experienced this with Studio version 31 as well. Some workarounds that I have found or that I perceived to have helped. Could be the Placebo effect, but with RS software, voo-doo is the norm. May or may not be applicable to your situation but worth a try.

1. If you work with a module property, close that instance of it before clicking on a different module property. (i.e. If you worked with slot 1 module property, close it before clicking on the next module property.)

2. Allow few seconds between option clicks/settings when changing parameters.

3. Best done while off-line. I found most crashes to be while editing properties when on-line. Specially with Powerflex drives.

4. Inhibit the module first if working on-line and only if it can be done safely.

5. Choose a different PLC vendor and enjoy the free time that comes along with it.

Cheers.

Last edited:
thanks for your guys help!
we have a few backup .ACD files which created in far before we added 1794-AENT, we opened it in offline, when we open any ethernet device showing the same fatal error.

those backup ACD files should have any issue, so i believe if delete RSLogix5000 Fatal Error.Dmp file in "C:\Users\Public\Documents\Rockwell Automation\RSLogix5000\Logs\RSLogix5000 Fatal Error.Dmp"
maybe solve this issue.

anyone has any suggestion?

thanks!

I think RSLogix5000 Fatal Error.Dmp file makes problem, if we don't delete this file, doesn't matter how we create any other ACD file, still will show same issue again.

maybe reinstall RSlogix5000 V20.01 will clean Fatal Error.Dmp file?

Thanks!

Last edited:
I think RSLogix5000 Fatal Error.Dmp file makes problem, if we don't delete this file, doesn't matter how we create any other ACD file, still will show same issue again.

maybe reinstall RSlogix5000 V20.01 will clean Fatal Error.Dmp file?

Thanks!

The Error.dmp file, has NOTHING to do with it. You can have 1,000 plus error dump files on your pc and that would not be the cause of it.

Try this.....

Depending on your version of Windblow's, your screen shots may be different. If you are getting fatal crash errors with RSLogix V20.xx, you need to repair your Factory Services directory installation. Of course, you will need the original installation disks or files when it asks for them during the repair proces if repair process is unable to find the source automatically.

Look at the pic below. This is from a Windblows 7 PC. Follow the steps in numerical order and reboot. Good Luck. Post back with your results regardless if it works or not so it may help someone else with the same problem.

Cheers.

FIX Logix 20 fatal Error.png

thanks skyfox's suggestion!
we will try all above suggestions, if all don't work, can we try to reinstall V20.01.01 ? just checked we have V20.01.00 installed right now, If we try to install V20.01.01, should not have any issue right?

we only have a break time around Christmas, will post the result.

Thanks!