ANSI Standards

zorbio

Is there anyway to obtain ANSI standards for reading on a college student budget? I was reading the FOMP manual provided by Rockwell and they made mentions of ISA 88.01 and the HMI ISA standard. However I can't afford them, and my college doesn't have access to an ANSI subscription.

Any other ways?

I guarantee that if you dig through enough seedy forums, you'll find a PDF of everything uploaded somewhere. Might have to learn Russian first, though, lol.

To find it the "right" way, are there other libraries you can check? A nearby major city library, or another university? Some Unis might have an engineering/STEM library with access to different things than the main library.

Yea I have already tried the University library, ANSI was not on the list of standards they have access to which is the gateway to ISA 88. I've seen the ISA 88.01 1995 version, but I am interested in the 2010 version for obvious reasons.

I will try to find a seedy forum, whatever that might be lol

be careful !
if you download anything, ANYTHING, do it on a pc isolated from the company network or portable drives. then scan the document(s) with a good virus software program.
malware and ransomware can hide in the pdf files! if a virus is found, give the pc to your IT department for analysis. Been there, done that !
a manager downloaded a file without telling anyone and it went through our plant like wildfire. three of us spent (4) 18 hour days trying to get rid of it. we were lucky and it did not find its way to our backup servers and backup files. we also severed all connections to our sister plants which caused massive issues.
james