OP17 Restore Problem

marcelo6970

Hellow, it is my first time here and I speak Spanish, sorry for my english.
I m trying to restore an OP17 application with Protool .
I have an application backup ( .PSR) of an old OP17 PP.
When I try to restore the application to a new OP17 DP12 a message appears during the transfer . The message that appears is in Spanish ,but in english is like this.
THE TRANSFER IS IMPOSSIBLE. INCOMPATIBLE HARDWARE AMPLIATION.
Somebody could help me.

Last edited:
op17 problem

I faced same problem with op17.
please check op17 model supports which protocol
if it is pp then install ppi protocol
if Dp you have to add protocol for DP

Thanks a lot for yours answers.
I ve read your messages but i dont know what to do.
I´m using IF2 port to restore and backup application in both OP.
The old panel is an 0P17 PP and the new is OP17 DP12 wich support more protocols than OP17 PP.
Im trying to restore a firmare and configuration to the new OP (I dont have configuration backup). Could be this the problem ?

Hi,
I think these are your options.

The backup you have,was it made using the prosave utility? If so and you are trying to load that then you will have problems because although physically the OP17's are identical,internally they are different animals hence the Hardware related error message.

If you are trying to load the original protool file to the OP i dont think that will work either, If you have the original configuration project, I would create a new project for the DP12 and Copy and paste all the Tags,screens etc to it and download that - Assuming that the DP12 supports the same protocol as you are using with the PP.

Might be easiest to get a PP Panel if you dont have any success!

Good Luck
Steve

Thanks for reply.
The backup it was made using the prosave utility.
I don´t have the original protool file .
I think the problem is :
OP17DP has the possibility to comunicate whit S5 PLC´s (TTY) but using IF1B port , while OP17PP use IF1A port .
So when I try to restore the aplication in an OP17 DP the hardware is incompatible.