FT View SE V11 - Disable buttons & Setpoints with transparent Polygon

Tanquen

We have an existing app and it uses a grouped transparent polygon global object to cover buttons and setpoints to disable them. There is no VBA on the object and I cannot get it to work on another system. It just looks to be using VBA to change the groups ".visible" setting.

The only thing that works on the new system is a transparent button. Everything else will let you click through.

I’ve tracked it down to the object itself, it’s magic. They work on the original screens they are on but if you export the screen to an XML file they no longer work after you import them back in. All the objects properties look the same they just don’t work. If I do an Add Component import of the GFX file then the group retains it magical properties.

I’m not sure how they made them in the first place though. Maybe they were created in an earlier version of FactoryTalk or there is a way to create a group with a different type of object and then delete it and be left with the grouped polygon that you can’t click through.