Runing Citect Cicode

Tanquen

Is there a way to run a Cicode function in the Cicode Editor? I have a function that works but I would like to run it without having a button on the screen or adding it to the startup and restarting the application.

We just want to set a long list of tag values once to update each system.

FUNCTION SetTagsFunction()
Tag1 = 12.34;
Tag2 = 10.52;
END

Last edited:
Wouldn’t you also have to enable access to the Kernel? So no way to do it without restarting the application?

Yes you would need access to the kernel.
And no other way that I'm aware of. Although I have used any of the current citect releases.

Is there a way to run a Cicode function in the Cicode Editor? I have a function that works but I would like to run it without having a button on the screen or adding it to the startup and restarting the application.

We just want to set a long list of tag values once to update each system.

FUNCTION SetTagsFunction()
Tag1 = 12.34;
Tag2 = 10.52;
END

Do you mean in the run time ? Can you not just run the function on an event ?

Yes, during runtime. We were hoping to run the function without interrupting the in production application. In some other SCADA packages I can test run a screen in development and run code or ones that work with VBA can run code against the application without having to make a change and redeploy or reload or otherwise stop and restart the application.

I’m guessing that I’d need to recompile and restart the application to add an event?

Not worked with Citect much.

Thinking that there was on page properties selections. On page entry, on page exit and on page shown events.

But it is years allready when last time used Citect.

Another option if it's just a once off, you could possibly run another instance of the project as a standalone using the demo license.

There's lots of ways to run Cicode without using a button like page events, time triggered events, tag triggered events. However none will work without a restart of the instance.

A compile/restart will not take long. As others have mentioned the kernel is an option but you will be experimenting live.

Another option if you just want to update tag values is to get an OPC explorer like matrikon and browse the citect opc (if you have it activated).

Yes, during runtime. We were hoping to run the function without interrupting the in production application. In some other SCADA packages I can test run a screen in development and run code or ones that work with VBA can run code against the application without having to make a change and redeploy or reload or otherwise stop and restart the application.

I’m guessing that I’d need to recompile and restart the application to add an event?

Not worked with Citect much.

OK, i understand now, this is a new function that you need to get into the system to update some values, if its available can can you not use the TagDebug functions ?

What version of Citect is it ?

Not sure if the Citect OPC is activated on the production system.

I'm running Citect version 8.0 to test with. Not used TagDebug functions before. I can try them if you think they will work.