Remote programming of a Click PLC

bluffit

I love the fact that the Click from Automation Direct is a simple low cost PLC with great Windows software.

However, the embedded solution we want to combine it with is Linux. And we ideally want to program it remotely. Soft PLC looks a better option giving us a TCP layer, but I'd like to hear from anyone who has bridged the comms - both for Modbus RTU and Programming using say a:

Linux -> Click PLC framework.

and

Windows -> Linux -> Click PLC framework for programming.

i.e. using virtual com ports and FTDI cables to convert the USB to RS485.

For the extra few $100 the SoftPLC option has my vote so far, but thought this is worth exploring at least.

thx.

Last edited:

Similar Topics

Does anyone have any experience of using an ***** Flexy for remote programming/maintenance of a Codesys based controller? Rather than using the...
Replies
Views
It is just me, or have other noticed that theyre more comfortable programming devices that they can see, as opposed to devices they can't see? The...
Replies
Views
Haven't had to do this before. Can anyone tell me the procedure to setup remote programming of a micrologix 1400 with RSlogix500 micro. PLC unit...
Replies
Views
Hi I am looking into remote access for modifications/ customer support. I will not be able to VPN so am considering 3G connection with a remote...
Replies
Views
I need somekind of remote connection for e.g. Simatic S//300. This is for temporary maintenance connection I found specs e.g. of Maestro UR5 GSM...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom