Factory Talk ViewSE Data Logging to File - change of datatypes

mzurtak

Hi,
I have a clients machine running Factory Talk View SE release # 8.00
I have set up trending and data logging which has been working correctly for the past 6months until 48hrs ago when the data logging to file set has changed half of the tag data types in each set from analog tags to string tags. I confirmed this by looking at the log files. Creating new log files using the "NewDataLogFile" command did not fix the problem.

Firstly how would I go about changing the tag types back to Analog tags? Would this need to be required to be done in the 'SQL Server Database Primary Data File'.
Secondly does anyone know why the data types would have changed and are they set by data coming from the PLC? Becasue I cant set the data type for each tag in the Data Log Model setup.

Thanks

So called tech support... it is a known problem for FactorTalk View SE. It is caused when the Sever looses connection to the PLC and when reconnect some of the tags comeback in as Strings rather than analog floats.
To fix restart the server/computer.

ItCrowdMEMS.jpg