RS PRO 115Vac Temperature monitoring Controller.

stevelawson

Hi all, & a happy New Year.

it's been a long long time since on the site, & true to form I need your help once again.

I have been tasked with getting the above mentioned Controller working. Apparently it was fitted more than 12 months ago but didn't ever work & the process has been moved to a substitute Tank, now it now needs to be resolved.

everything appears to be correct with the wiring but the display just shows LL in the main display & a 50 bottom right of display, I am assuming LL is lower limit but not sure. I can increase or decrease the 50 & get the heating to switch on, but nothing else.

I have downloaded a datasheet & had a little play, but I am a little confused.

I can only seem to get 2 conditions.
S. Loc safety lock code.
A.Loc advanced configuration lock code.

The manual says to press the * key & select yes to do a factory reset, but this doesn't do anything. I press * but don't get any other options. I have tried pressing all 3 buttons simultaneously but nothing. Pressing * & the up or down arrows toggles between S.Loc & A.Loc. & allows me to scroll
between 0 - 9999. I an thinking that whoever fitted this Controller has entered a code & that's why I can't get any further. Hence, that's why I want to try a factory reset.

I am struggling to get any further, the manual is like War & Peace & I just cannot follow it. I am only trying to set a min / max set point for switching the heat on & off.

I hope I have explained myself properly & that one of you wonderful Control superstars can offer me an idiots guide to entering the basics.

Kind regards.

Steve.

Last edited:
Hi Jordan,

Thanks for kick starting this thread off. It is much appreciated.

The model number is RS Stock No. 124-1067

I hope this will enable you to pick out the little bit of information I require.

How to enter the min max set points.

Switch on the Output relay to bring on the Heater once the Temp drops below 50C, switch Heater off when Temp reaches 58C.

How to return to factory reset so I can start afresh.

Kind regards

Steve.

Hi janner 10.

Has I said earlier in my post I cannot get the module to Factory reset.

I press the star key but don't get the yes option & although there is only 3 buttons to play with, I cannot seem to get any other options other than below.

I can only seem to get 2 conditions.
S. Loc safety lock code.
A.Loc advanced configuration lock code.

I have 2 conflicting bits of info. Default code = 10 or 20. However, I cannot get into try any of them?

I already have the manual but the module isn't playing.

Any other help or advice would be appreciated.

Kind regards.

Steve.

Hello again guys.

This thread has gone a little quiet.
I don't think that it is a particular difficult one to solve but I have given up & am looking for an easy option, I think it is an age thing.
I am sure many of my colleagues on here have used this module & I am just after an heads up.

kind regards.

Steve.

Bump up.
I am surprised that there hasn,t been any update on this thread. I would of thought this was easy peasy for you guys & girls.

Steve.

I, for one, do have a life and work outside of this forum. It's hard to believe, I know, but it's true. Really! :)

The menu hierarchy appears to be: A.Loc -> diSP -> dFLt

So, you'll need to get past the A.Loc code first.

As near as I can tell from the cutsheet:

-- * button plus down to go to Advanced Configuration (should show A.Loc)
-- Up/down to set code number (default is 20. If it's been changed, you're hosed). * button to enter the code number.
-- "A.Loc" should change to "Adv". Up/down until "diSP" is shown. Select using * button
-- The display menu is where you can set the access codes and reset to factory default

Keep in mind that this is somewhat speculative, as I don't have one of these to try out.

Thank you Jordon for your input &
please don't worry for my mental state of mind, that was shattered years ago.🍻
If you check the last time I was on here it was a long time ago. But I do know that on this Forum, I have the best source of help for this type of problem.
I am on afternoons today & given the chance, I will pop across & give it a whirl. Has I mentioned in an earlier post, this hasn't been working for at least a Year so it's more of a filling in job, but does need sorting eventually.
If I get it working correctly I will let you know.

Many thanks for your help it is appreciated.

Steve.

Good morning all.

I have been able to have another play with this controller & although I'm getting a little further on, I still haven't nailed it yet.
I have entered the 2 codes S.loc 10 & A.loc 20 & am now able to enter more sub menu's.
User *
Temp C *
Scll lower limit 50 *
SCul upper limit 58 *
Alarm1 50 *
Alarm 2 58 *
However, for some reason when I exit out of this menu the Scll defaults to -199, if I try to correct this value I am only given values between -49 & -199 to choose from. No matter what I do I cannot get a + value option?
If I start afresh I can enter a 50 value in Scll again but it just defaults to -199.
What am I doing wrong?
This RSPRO Controller is far to complex for what we need it to do, too many options & setups.
I am now considering swapping the Controller for an Electroserv 9345, these are used on all the other Tanks & are much easier to setup. I am thinking somebody thought they were being smart when ordering this & have just left it not working for some other mug to sort out.
I just don't like giving up when I feel so close.
If you're reading this & having a chuckle, then please try to help me. I am having total brain freeze now.

Best regards.

steve.

There has to be at least 100 'dispay units' between the upper and lower scale limits.

These only come into play if your input type is a linear DC input (e.g. 0V-10V or 4mA-20mA) instead of Thermocouple or Pt100, and used to make a friendly number out of the analog signal.

I'd start with whatever input type you are using and make sure it's set correctly.

Hi guys.
I was considering phoning RS for an heads up but didn't get round to it.
I will do that today & thanks for your thoughts, it is appreciated.

Steve.