"Error" Message In N7 Register On Rs Linx

TRACY H

STRANGEST THING! WE ARE GETTING AN "ERROR" MESSAGE IN RS LINX WHEN WE LOOK AT THE DATA TABLE IN RS LINX. WE CAN GO ONLINE WITH THE PLC AND THE DATA TABLE LOOKS FINE AND IS WORKING. WE HAVE THE PLC DDE LINKED TO AN EXCEL SPREADSHEET. TODAY WE HAD AN ANALOG SENSOR GO OUT AND WE GOT THE ERROR MESSAGE. WE CHANGED THE SENSOR MACHINE WENT BACK TO WORKING. WE PULLED UP THE EXCEL SHEET TO LOOK AT THE STATUS OF THE MACHINE AND WE STILL HAVE THE ERROR MESSAGE IN THE N7 REGISTER. IF ANYONE HAS COME ACROSS THIS BEFORE AND COULD BE HELPFUL WE SURE WOULD APPRECIATE IT.
THANKS
TRACY

Last edited:
First off -the basics-
Close the Excel application and RSLinx (RSI Server and all) and restart them, If that doesn't work shut the applications down and then re-start the PC. If that doesn't work, come back here and post.

There are several questions yet to be answered.

Did you power down the PLC to replace the sensor, if so did the PC stay on?

Is RSLogix on the PC with RSLinx and Excel?

What kind of PLC?

What communications?

While in the Excel sheet are you looking at the N7 values directly or are you looking at calculated values based on the N7 data?

When the analog sensor went out, what was displaying in the N7 data table for that sensor(in RSLogix)?

What is a "normal" reading?

etc.