Zebra DS3678 wth STB3678 bluetooth problems

userxyz

Hi,

We have used DS3678 Zebra scanners with STB3678 cradles connected to EA3600 interface modules that converts to TCP. The scanned barcode is send to a SIemens PLC via its CP443-1.

The problem we had last week... the operator wanted to scan a product and he got 4 ignoring beeps with the bluetooth sign blinking red. I tried to reconnect on TCP by using the CP_CNTRL block, but the problem is bluetooth, so this had no influence. We needed to disconnect and reconnect the power from the cradle to be able to pair agan between the scanner and the cradle ???

After searching on the web I found someone with exactly the same issue and without replies on his post:

Issue.png

In an office environment I can understand that a disconnect/reconnect is not a big issue... but in an industrial environment this is not done. After searching a little on the net... I installed 123 scan and could do a firmware upgrade of the scanner:

upgraded.png

The scanner its firmware is upgraded. I am not sure but I think the cradle also has a firmware running, but I cannot upgrade it without a special USB cable, wich I don't have... Maybe I should order a USB cable for the cradle to be able to upgrade the firmware as well.

Anyway, are there people out there who have experience with zebra scanners ? What are your toughts about these scanners... are the reliable, are they any good ?

Thanks,
Kind regards,
Combo