Free S7 300 Simulator

kartik

Hi people,
I wanna know if I can avail a free PLC simulator for S7 300, as I dont have a PLC with me to check my Logic.

Is it possible to Test or simulate S7 300 Ladder functions without a need having a Controller physically available.

Kartik

Sadly, (almost) nothing is free in the world of PLCs.
The S7-PLCSIM software is not so expensive, and worth every penny to my opinion.

When you have a PLC simulator, like S7-PLCSIM, then you can indeed test your programs without connection to a real PLC.

A trick to get a "free" PLC to test on: If you have a project under way, then purchase the CPU up front and you can use it for testing until it has to be installed in the control system it is destined for.

To simulate analog I/O you use a input-word (or output) and you form an integer number between +- 27648. In your program you should use it as PIW of PQW.

Or you can simulate the value with MW and change the MW (as 'input')in a VAT.