SIEMENS S5 CP525 or CP524 and printer output

AK5fa

Dear SIEMENS S5 Experts,

I am wondering if any of you have had experience with CP525 (or CP524) installed with 944B (or 943B) CPU and its IF1 connected to a dot matrix printer using the active TTY module. I need to create an S5 program for 943B/944B CPU which would enable the CP525/CP524 card to output certain text to a printer.

To my understanding that there are 2 parts needed:

1) the CP 525/CP524 module needs to be programmed using the COM525 and PROM525 software

2) the S5 PLC program itself that calls FB244 SEND with some parameters to transmit data from the CPU to CP and then to the printer.

Do you know if there are any additional parts (steps/details) needed to achieve my goal?

In fact, I have a copy of the EPROM from the CP525 card which has a program with
Interpreter
Code:
I-S5D0000 07
, Procedure
Code:
P-S5D0000 07
and 1 Job
Code:
SEND

What I need is any help (links, screenshots, even partial .S5D files) on how to write the S5 PLC side of the code. Can someone give me a hint, please?

Please help! Thanks a lot in advance.

AK5fa

PS. I have looked at the CP525/CP524/COM525 manuals (vol. 1 and 2) at the SIEMENS Support site, but I wasn't able to figure out the proper procedure...

This takes me back to the 80's & early 90's, I used these cards many times however, cannot remember much about the setup, it is pretty simple here is a link to a manual I found, it mentions connecting to a printer, this was a PT88 again this was a Siemens printer, have used it for communication to Weighers & many other systems, If I remember correctly, you will need a block called Syncron or something like that called in the startup OB (I think that is OB20).
Sorry I cannot help anymore, I may have an old disk somewhere with one of the systems I did but I do not have S5 anymore so could not check if any of those projects still exist, although probably the same all mine were done on 155 processors. Not sure how you are going to connect to a modern printer can you get them with 232 interfaces?.

Here is the link I found,
https://support.industry.siemens.co...-and-cp525-(s5-dos)-volume-1-2?dti=0&lc=en-WW