Beckhof CP9030 to CP9035 card, how to upgrade?

AK5fa

Dear Experts,

Does anyone have any experience with Beckhoff CP9030 (ISA) and CP9035 (PCI) cards? The latter is supposed a replacement for the former, but the replacement process is not exactly clear to me at this point.
So, I'm looking for any advice/info/link on this subject. Please read on, if you
have any experience on this subject. :geek:

I did look at the Beckhoff's 'cp9030_cp9035' PDF document. It does provide some important details about the both cards' hardware. but it does not show much info about the latest version of the CP9035 card with DVI add-on. So, if you have any additional info on this matter please share it with me.
Also, more information on the software configuration would be very helpful.

Here's the background and details of the problems:

1. There is a Beckhoff C6140 or C6150 PC runs Windows 2000 OS and has a CP9030 installed and properly connected to the CP7032 series Display Panel. There is also a Beckhoff's VGA card connected to the CP9030_5 card internally with a 50-pin flat ribbon cable to provide display output.
The system also has the Beckhoff OPC Server (version 4.00 or so) with CP9090-S100 add-on. There is NO TwinCAT software on that system (or at least no visible parts of it). The whole system works well so far, but the CP9030 card is a cause for concern. The CP9030 ISA cards use a 8KB window in the lower 1MB of RAM address space.
More specifics, the base address is set to the CC000 hex by the DIP switches on the card. The OPC Server can access that memory and provide both R/O and R/W tags to the client application. The OPC server configuration is done by XML files where the base memory address and the tags byte/bit offsets are specified.

2. Now I need to replace that CP9030_5 ISA card with a CP9035_2 PCI card (with or without DVI add-on) and make it look as "CP9030" to the Beckhoff software. I inserted the card into the PCI slot of the C6150 PC and installed
the Beckhoff's TwinCAT PnP Drivers package.
Also, I found that the CP9035 card could be configured to use the lower 1MB of the RAM space at the specified address (e.g CC000 hex). Then, supposedly, the OPC Server will work with it as if it was a CP9030 card.
According to the Release Notes for the OPC Server software, it supports the CP9035 card.

3. So, the biggest question is HOW TO configure my CP9035 card to use the 0xCC000 memory space. I'm not very familiar with TwinCAT software (2.x or 3.x), but I can see 2 possible way to do that.

a) Should I install TwinCAT 2.x software (on this or another PC) and use the "PCI Cfg" button to do this. But if I do that on another PC, would the CP9035 card remember these settings when I move it between the 2 PCs?
or
b) Is there are any way to tell the Beckhoff's OPC Server that it works with the CP9030 card, not CP9035? Perharps, there is a sample XML for this, or there are some known changes that I could do to the existing XML files?

Well, perhaps there is yet another method of achieving my goal, which I can't think of right now.

Can anybody provide me with any additional information or clues about this?

Thank a lot in advance,

AK

Back
Top Bottom