RSlinx connection

Theboss

Hi All,

I'm struggling to find a connection via ENBT card.

I'm using vmware player and Rslinx lite.

Vmware is set to bridge and network card is in ip range of ethernet card.
I used ethernet/ip to install drivers and l,
When I open the connection to view my IO. There isn't none.

Please help.

"Vmware is set to bridge and network card is in ip range of ethernet card."

I have..well had problems just to connect/set up Ethernet with VM. So I bought USB/Ethernet converter. WiFi/VPN/ etc. may interfere the connections even if seems to be ok. But surely ping 1st the device from VM.

If you can ping the device from inside the VM but the EtherNet/IP driver doesn't see it...
1) Use the USB/Ethernet adapter connected directly to the VM and disable all other network adapters
2) Sometimes that still doesn't work, especially on a corporately controlled laptop (like mine...sigh...)
3) The most reliable method I've found is to use the "Ethernet devices" driver in RSLinx. If you know the IP address of the device, just add it to the driver and it generally just works, even with other network adapters enabled.

I use Virtualbox for a VM and CIP won't work through anything but bridged. I also have to set the MAC of the VM to match my laptop or else the Network port gets shut down by IT.