Add Comments to Rung text import? (Studio 5000)

yes

create a basic ladder file with comments where you want them etc
Save as L5K - Open in your favourite text editor and find the comments.

Do as Michael G said -- Export a dummy program that has some rung comments to L5K to an L5K to get the format. I don't have Studio on this laptop, or I'd tell it to you.

You can paste multiple lines from Excel, if each row of code ends with a semicolon so that the Studio interpreter can recognize the line break. I've successfully pasted in >100 lines in one shot.

Good luck

I'm doing an address conversion between a messy system and an organized one so I have a Excel sheet that generates a SOR XIC OTE EOR for each rung. I take the output and paste it into a rung and that process generates all the rungs I need. I have never tried to create an L5K file from this method, but I'm sure others smarter than me have, and I have a bunch more to do so I'd like to learn this power.

I'm home so no access to my system either, can someone export an L5K with just a couple rungs of XIC and OTE with Tag descriptions and a Rung Comment so I can experiment and see how that might be created from Excel ?

If that turns out to be possible I'll then have to figure out how to add branches since the analogs get arranged into several MOVS per Rung/Branch.
(if only branches could have their own comments... alas )

I don't think you will be able to do that, when you have done all your conversions put comments on 1 rung and export tag database, you can then see the format and update all the other tags in the database and import them back into the project.