slc 5/04 communication

randy

Supporting Member
I made up a cable using the pin out of the 1747-CP3, which I found on the Knowledgebase AB website. I am trying to communicate with the SLC 5/04 1747-L543 processor. I am using RSLinx Lite 2.31 and the Drive RS-232-DF1 devices. Once I go to the Configure I perform Auto-Configure the following message “Unable to verify setting due to packet timeout! Check all cables and Configuration and try again”

Cable pin-out: 5 to 5

8 to 7

7 to 8

1 connect to 6 then to 4

4 to 6 then connect to 1

2 to 3

3 to 2

Am I missing something?

Thanks

Here's what I use:

pinout.jpg

If you do not care about the current program in the processor,

you may want to reset it to the factory default. This would clear any changes made to the programming of this port. Someone may have set it up for a different protocol or used it as a printer port.

Tim

Can you connect to it via DH+? If so, you can inspect the channel 0 (serial port) configuration while online. It may be set for user mode prohibiting communication using DF1.

Thanks for the help…I am now communicating with the SLC 5/04

Great website!

After looking over the homemade cable I discovered a breake in the TX wire.Thanks for the support