GE Fanuc VersaPro trial software

Hi everyone:

I have the same problem with VersaPro. I got the program back up but I don't have the VersaPro software to edit it.
I recently installed PME 9.5 SIM 13, but it woldn't let me edit it either.
Could someone with the VP software export the file to that PME version? The additional problem is that the SwxCF file is 1237kB size and I can't upload it here!
Please help me!

Thanks in advance, sorry for my bad English.

Old ge machine!

ok here goes....

i have extensive knowledge with AB, ABB, and AD, this is my first run in with GE.

i have an old 90-30 with the internal processor in the backplane. apparently they did this for a bit.....

i was afraid that this machine as programmed with LM-90. but i was able to upload the program from ME.

which is good!

but im afraid it may have been programmed with versa pro now. i can see the program but cannot monitor it live. it says that it is not equal....

hardware is equal.

but logic is not equal and forces are not equal. i thought it may be a firmware issue so i ran the update and it told me that this model is not compatible. HELP!

i can post the program that i updated in ME.

but we do not have the original to reference.

thank you!!

It will continue to say Not Equal until you download from Proficy ME to the PLC. Even though you already uploaded from the PLC to ME. It is because of the change in programming software.
Although the age of the firmware could also have something to do with it. ME may balk at downloading to an old firmware version. If it does, you'll have to change the settings. In the Project Navigator window select the "Options" tab, expand the "Controller" item and select "General". The first selection is "Controller Firmware Revision" and the selections are "Prevent Store", "Warn", and "Allow". You'll need to select either "Warn" or "Allow" to let you download to an old firmware version.

Steve, I am wondering if you would be able to take a VersaPro program and convert the rungs to a PDF for me to be able to see what the program consists of. I don't have Proficy Machine edition and am trying to program a new PLC for an existing piece of equipment.
Thanks

Lm90 > pme

Hello Steve,
I would like to migrate a program made under LM90 to PME 5.5.
A first migration must be made from LM90>versapro then from versapro>PME 5.5.
Is it possible for you.
Cordially

Pat

I just checked and I still have an installation CD for PME version 5.5, so I can convert to that specific version. I assume you want version 5.5 because that's what you or your customer has. I don't understand why you think you need to use VersaPro as an intermediate step. As far as I know, all versions of PME can import a Logicmaster project file directly.
I sent you an email address to send the Logicmaster project backup.

Hello Steve, I am surprised to learn that a project under LM90 can be directly converted with PME! I'm looking to remove laptops where older versions of Windows are installed. I will send you the project,, but I will also look on my side if I manage to do this migration on PME.

thank you Steve for this migration.
I found this video on this link the presentation of a migration from logicmaster to PME.
Stay as you told me the updates of the shifts to remove the overlaps of the registers (tempo, counters). The longest is to modify all variables that have been renamed (x-y in x_dsh_y) and that are no longer recognized by the program.
Thanks again Steve.🍻

Last edited: