OPC Server for AB PLC5 & Controllogix

khalid_inayat

Hi everbody,

I want to know which OPC server should be use to communicate with AB PLC5 & ControlLogix 5563 through Ethernet.

Do i require special ethernet cards in PLCs.

Thanks

Khalid

RSLinx OEM is the most common OPC Server for Allen-Bradley controllers of all types. Most OPC-specific software vendors also have an A-B suite of drivers. Kepware is my favored non-Rockwell vendor for OPC Servers.

The Ethernet hardware used by A-B controllers is totally ordinary 802.3 Ethernet, you do not need unusual cards in your computer. Older controllers used 10 Mb/s half duplex, newer controllers have 100 Mb/s full duplex interfaces.

Similar Topics

If anyone has a crack for IBH OPC Server, please send it to: [email protected] Urgently. Thanks in advance!
Replies
Views
Folks, I have a client with an old ABB Advant / MOD300 system (v14.4). Around y2k I installed the ABB Industrial IT MOD300 OPC Server 1.1/2...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I wanted to share my findings with getting the new OPC UA server working (I think you might be interested in this JeremyM :lolis:)...
Replies
Views
I have a Win10 64 bit host for my OPC DA server, which is Indusoft (Studio,Scada.OPC.3). Locally OPC works, Matrikon OPC Explorer. On my Win7...
Replies
Views
Hey guys, last week I posted part 1 of a series of OPC UA articles in Node-RED. That article covered some important concepts of OPC UA and how...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom